WordPress is arguably the best website content management system (CMS) in the world today if we go by the number of sites and people that use it (over 74 million!). That number comes to a total of more than 1 WordPress site for every person in the country of Turkey!
Thinking about the amount of people replying on WordPress to share or find information is staggering, which is why WP goes to great lengths to keep their system updated, safe, and secure.
Most people using WordPress take advantage of their plugins and extensions for security but this isn’t always enough. Other password management software is needed to ensure that your various online account passwords are secure across multiple devices. This kind of password management is synced up to the cloud as well, which makes things even easier.
When it comes to posting content, we know that infographics are visual representation of information which have become equally creative and popular. Infographics make information a lot easier and more interesting to understand and retain. Therefore if you are using WordPress for your CMS you should get to know how to embed infographic in WordPress.
Embedding infographic in WordPress can be done in basically two ways – Manually and getting a plug in to do it for you.
If you want to insert infographic manually in your WordPress post then this how you can do it.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and login.
- Create a new post.
- Get the embed code from the source of the infographic and copy it.
- Now on the WordPress interface where you are creating a new change the editor into text mode from visual.
- Now paste the embed code that you copied from the infographic source.
- Put the tag before and after the embed code of the infographic.
- Now change the editor back to visual and see the results.
There are a lot of plugins that can be used to embed infographics. Some are free while others have to be bought at nominal prices.
- The Embed Code Generator plug in is one such plug in. All you have to do is give some information like source and other relevant information and it generates the code for you. Source here of course means the URL of the infographic that you are using. Other information can include the attributes of height, width, title etc. This code generator makes it possible for you to allow others to use your infographic too. They can just use your embed code than link to your image manually. All you have to do is add an ‘Embed This’ section to your site.
- Infographer is another one which allows you to build sites that are of professional quality.
- Infographics Embedder also pretty much works similar to the Embed Code Generator.
- Whichever plugin you are using to generate embed codes you should first upload the full resolution file of your infographic onto the WordPress post. Now change the dimensions of the infographic according to the requirements of your site or post.
Though WordPress is very popular for content management it is also essential that you take care of the requisite precautions.
Horror stories of hackers abound. So, invest in antivirus software, firewalls, anti malware, password manager etc. This will ensure that you don’t have to worry about security when you are doing your work which is marketing and managing your site.