This is a guide to “How to install Google SEO on your MyBB 1.6.9 forum”. Google SEO plugin is a awesome plugin developed by Andreas Klauer. The plugin includes SEO 404, SEO Meta, SEO Redirect, SEO Sitemap and SEO URL. Many of you may stifled installing Google SEO plugin on your MyBB forum (Including me!) . Because the plugin will work properly when you make some changes to your .htaccess file. We will discuss how to activate and enable the Google SEO plugin. It’s one of the must have to installed plugin in MyBB.
(Note: Make this installation process with your own risk, we are not responsible for any problem)
You may also like: How to create a Mybb forum:- Step-by-Step Instructions
What is MyBB first?
MyBB is a Free and open source forum software released in 2002. MyBB has a acronym of My Bulletin Board. It’s one of a widely used and popular forum software which ranks one of top 10 forum software.
Enabling Google SEO 1.6.5 :
The complete installation process only takes time less than 20 minutes. The steps involved in installing this plugin are:
- Meeting the minimum requirements.
- Installing the Plugin Library on your forum.
- Downloading the Google SEO.
- Unpacking uploading and installing Google SEO files.
- Editing .htaccess.
Meeting the minimum requirements:
You must meet the minimum requirements to installing the Google SEO plugin. The list is provided below:
- MyBB 1.6.4 (older versions of MyBB need the Google SEO Legacy plugin)
- PluginLibrary (11)
- PHP 5.1.0
- Apache (alternative webservers may work but are not supported)
- MySQL (alternative databases are not supported at this time)
Installing the Plugin Library forum:
Plugin Library is a collection of many useful plugins. It’s like a basement for Google SEO plugin to work.
- First download it from here. Download and unpack it.
- Now find for “pluginlibrary.php” on your unpacked folder.
- Go to your Cpanel (Web Host) and go to File manager.
- Then go to public_html and go to your forum folder.
- And go to this path “inc/plugins” and upload your ‘pluginlibrary.php’ file there.
- Now log on to your forum and go to Admin Panel.
- Go to Plugins under the Configuration category.
- Now click on Install & Activate near the PluginLibrary.
- The PluginLibrary is successfully activated now.
Downloading the Google SEO Plugin:
First of all, download the plugin by clicking here. Click I Agree and proceed to download. Wait till the download completes.
Unpacking uploading and installing Google SEO files:
- After downloading the plugin from here, unpack it on a separate new folder.Let we call the new folder be gseo.
- On your new folder go to the inc folder and go to plugins folder. You will see the sub-folder named google_seo.
- Upload the entire google_seo folder to your inc/plugins in your Cpanel file manager (Upload the google_seo folder to the plugins folder) .
- And upload the google_seo.php file to your plugins folder.
- Now go to your gseo folder and go to inc sub-folder and then go to the languages subfolder.
- And upload your files on the proper sections (Hint: The proper sections means, if you notice the arrangement of folders in the gseo folder with your forum folder on our Cpanel the both folder arrangements will be same)
- Now go to Admin CP of your forum and go to plugins section.
- Click Install & Activate near the newly came Google SEO.
- The plugin will show some notifications like the things which is present below.
- First click on Apply link on the “Click to Apply changes to core files”.
- Then click on (Configure) link and tick the Yes option on all categories.
- Now come to your plugins page.
- Now you can see some notification text near your Google SEO plugin showing Add to .htaccess, copy the code given below the text.
- Now get ready for doing your last step.
Editing .htaccess file:
Many MyBB users feels this part as the confusing on the overall installation of Google SEO plugin. But this process made simple now! Just follow the steps given below:
- Go to your File manager.
- Now check for the htaccess.txt file.
- After finding the file on your forum root directory rename the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess .
- Now click on .htaccess file and click Code Editor.
- Paste the text you copied on the previous step an between </IfModule>to </IfModule>.
- Now save your .htaccess file.
If you completed all the steps provided above, you are finished the installation process!! This process was completely checked by me. If you faced any problem installing the plugin, let us show your problem by using the comment form provided below this post.